Book Review: Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born

This is a little different of a book review from the last two. Last time we had a PCOS information book, and an Adoption information book.   This book is actually a children's book.


Book Review of : Tell Me Again About the Night I Was Born by Jamie Lee Curtis 





I came across this book when searching for adoption books.  It is not an informational book, but instead a cute childs rendering of a domestic infant adoption. 

It is a really cute story, and I about cried when I read it.  It tells a story of how the parents get a call, and take a plane ride to the hospital. They get to meet their new baby. Its about the unconditional love that the new parents feel for the baby.  How they have to travel, how the baby came from a birthmother, how they had to bring baby back on a plane and keep them protected from coughing passengers.  It perfect in every way.   I bought it, cause if we are going down the adoption road, this is exactly what it is going to be like, and I want to have this for our child.  Of course the story is light hearted and is not a detailed description of the infant adoption process, but is a wonderful age appropriate approach to the subject. 

The illustrations are bright and goofy.. lots to look at for many many re-tellings of the story.  So if you are doing domestic infant adoption.. grab this book for the kiddies, its totally worth it.


Overall I give this book a rating of 5 out of 5, a very good age appropriate approach to Infant adoption.




Post a Comment