Book Review

I have read a few books pertaining to infertility/ adoption, so I think I am going to post my reviews on them.


The first one is this "Managing PCOS For Dummies"  by Gaynor Bussell RD


After accepting PCOS, I wanted to know what to do.  Some life decisions needed to be made and such.  The amazon description of this book looked hopeful. I was hoping for things like "how to find a doctor that is specific for this syndrome" "how to tell your family"  "what to tell your friends when they ask why you have been married for 6 years and have no children"...  I have read other "for dummies" books and liked the style of them and their information has always been valuable and instructable.

First impressions of the book were ok.  But I quickly came to realize that this is not the book i had bargained for.  I should have known what I was getting into when the main author was an RD (registered dietitian)

Ladies.. this is a diet book.  It basically says through the whole book that your PCOS is fixable by a low carb diet, exercise and diet diet diet. Also there is some holistic herb crap thrown in threw the pages.  Thanks.. not really that helpful.  I know my mid section is hefty and if I wanted a "how to diet book" I would have bought one.  I read it in 3 days hoping it would get better and have some life advice.. but it didnt.. I sold the book.

I went back to the amazon website to copy the picture of for this post and now the description is appropriate for what the book is... a way to handle pcos threw starving yourself.

Overall I give this a rating of 1 out of 5.. very poor.

Post a Comment