Halloween Role Model

   Let me just say that Halloween is my favorite holiday.  I love the smell of pumpkin spice, apple cider, and soup on the stove.  I love the color orange, and just really really love pumpkins. Infact it is my dream to have a halloween baby.. can you imagine the amazing birthday paries!!!   My favorite part of halloween has always been the costumes!  I grew up with a mom that didnt have much money and my costumes were homemade most years.. honestly this suited me quite well.. I was always unique and the center of attention.  I now make elaborate homemade costumes and love them! Now a days the costumes at the store are flimsy, over $50 and if you are my age the only thing available are sexy costumes... sexy cat, sexy nurse, sexy maid.  Then there are those sexy costumes that shouldnt exist.. like sexy Abe Lincoln sexy big bird, and sexy pebbles flinstone.  Why in the world have all the costume makers decided that all women should show off their boobs and hoooha at halloween?  I will never understand this, nor do I want to show up at my bosses halloween party with a bare chest.
  One thing that has come to mind this year, that I have not thought of in recent years is the fact that my children will one day want to see these pictures in our old photo albums.  Do I want my future daughter or son seeing mommies butt cleavage hang out.. no way.  It amazes me that some of my friends on facebook that have children post pictures of them going out and doing keg stands or shots in their slutty costume.  Is this really how you want your 4 year old to see you?
  I have thought of my past costumes, some might be a little scary for the average young child, but none of them have any "sexy" aspect to them.  I am proud to say that I can show all of my costume creations to my future child and let them have a laugh without being grossed out by moms boobs.  Maybe this will set a good example for my possible future daughter and she will not want to parade around in lingerie with bunny ears on halloween, but instead be unique and win costume contest with her outrageous but modest costume.

Here are some of my past homemade creations.


The exorcist
 Beetlejuice and headless woman
 Cupcake and baker... talk about being covered up!
Charlie Chaplin
Ron Weasley and Luna Lovegood 

Post a Comment