Baby Name of the Month

Its that time again to divulge into one of my favorite subjects.. BABY NAMES

Sebastian 
One of the number one reasons I love Sebastian is his association with two of my loves in life.. The Little Mermaid and Shakespeare.  Technically the little mermaid stole the names Sebastian and Ariel from the Shakespeare play The Tempest.  He is also the name of the main character of on e of my childhood favorite movies the Neverending Story.

More historically you may have heard of a little composer Johann Sebastian Bach.

I really like the way he sounds, so manly yet better and more articulate than Butch.

The drawbacks to Sebastian? He is currently ranked at #68 and climbing which is way way too popular to me. After mentioning one of the names I have loved most of my life to Rich... instead of saying wow honey thats a wonderful name for a son he says.. sounds like SEA BASS.  Thanks.

So overall I really love his connection to several cultural references but his popularity and my husbands less than enthusiastic response has put this name further down the list.. but still on the list.  Gosh I still just really love Sebastian.



Post a Comment