I gave birth, but not to a baby.


I haven't blogged for some time.  This is mostly due to the fact that I was finishing my PhD.  After 5 long years of school I successfully wrote and defended my PhD.  I am now a Dr., my waistline is bigger, my house is messier, my blogs are in shambles, my dogs are neglected, I have no idea what is going on in the world, but I have a doctorate.

Recently there has been a barrage of pregnancy announcements and birth announcements on facebook.  So here is the post I would like to put up, but don't because I'm sure people would think it wasn't very nice and leave me comments about how rude I am blah blah blah.

      " oh you got drunk one night and make a kid with your genitals in under 30 minutes and it is the greatest accomplishment of you life and you would like congratulations and gifts and to tell me what size fruit the kid is every day?  Yah well I spent 5 long years working on a doctorate, not to mention the 17 years of previous schooling I needed to get into graduate school, but hey good job on that baby making thing."

Anyway. I'm done, and relieved.  I can now clean my house, walk my dogs, make dinner, blog, watch the Kardashians and do many of the things I have missed out on in the past few months. Not to mention start packing for a cross country move.

What else is going on?  Well not much, just waiting for the hubby to finish so we can move out of the south and back to a normal state.

Baby making?  Yah its been 1 year and 5 months, no ovulation, no baby making... so pretty much it is either fertility treatments or adoption at this point.  We chose adoption.  I just don't want to do fertility stuff, but that is for another blog post.

So the current plan is to, get jobs, move to california, live in a one bedroom for a year to save money for adoption, start the process around the holidays 2014.

Be looking for more frequent updates now =)


1 comment

JML September 18, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! AND YAY FOR PHD!!!!!!! What fruit size would that be? Watermelon? Boulder of science and hate and rage and GET ME OUT OF HERE PLZ!?!?!?!??

Post a Comment