The Reveal

I think one of the biggest things I am going to miss about not actually getting pregnant is telling everyone that I am pregnant.  Since I was little I had this amazing idea that I would tell my husband just the way Becky on Full House did.  Do you remember that episode?  She made a baby themed dinner.. with baby shrimp, baby corn and babyback ribs.. silly I know, but hey it was a dream.  Instead, we will have a well thought out plan and about 5 months of paperwork before we are entered into the adoption system.  So technically once the papers are signed, our baby is on the way.. they call this being "paper pregnant", but of course the time of baby's arival is very unknown and could be from 24 hours to 1.5 years.  So I dont think there will ever be a big baby reveal to my husband.

Second.. We wont be having those cute photo shoots where people take professional pictures to send pregnancy announcements out.. and then end with an ultrasound of the little sea monkey.  There will be no grand face book post, no pee stick to save (why people do this one is beyond me), there will be no we are pregnant announcement at all... no glory


Third.. this is a new one, but people are doing those gender reveal parties.  This is where you have all of your friends and family over to tell them if you are having a boy or a girl. A lot of times the parents dont even know.. they get the sex of the baby from the ultrasound tech in an envelope and take it to a baker to make a blue or pink cake covered in white frosting... then in front of your guests you cut the cake and all find out at the same time. Usually they have a poll going to see who can guess correctly and some sort of games.. like if you are craving certain things then you must be having a girl.  I am a sucker for parties and am sad we will miss out on this opportunity..  Love this party idea

I do think that we may do a "paper pregnant" announcement.  When Rich and I finish all the paper work and become activated at the adoption agency.. I think we will send out mailers letting everyone know that we are expecting to be expecting.  This may be as close to the "big announcement" as I can get.  The trouble with doing this is that if we do end up having a long wait.. I forsee many people asking constantly when we are getting a baby and having no answer for them and it just being a painful long conversation.  So there is the downside.  

Just have to keep telling myself that I want to be a mom, and when that happens this stuff will seem insignificant... but its hard to think like that, to me I know I will be missing out on what most people get to do 9 months before baby is born. 

Post a Comment