Baby Name of the Month: Jude

Baby name of the month for July is

Jude 


Jude, for a boy.. even though Martha Stewart's daughter used this name for her girl.. I say this name is all boy.  Jude is the first boys name Rich and I could ever agree on... it took only about 4 years.

Jude is a one syllable boys name, which I love.. in fact most of the names we now have on our boys side of the list (that we both agree on) are one syllable names. It gives a zippy masculine sound will out being pretentious like Thurston Howell the third. I just really love the sound Jude.. sounds so fun and manly and handsome all at the some time.

As far as popularity goes Jude is ranked number 155 this year.. which is fairly popular.. which annoys me to no end.. in the last 14 years Jude went from being non existent in the top 1000 names to being 155... so I really dont like how common it is becoming... but 155 is not too common like Mason at number 2 this year, so I would be willing to overlook this number.

Jude Law is making the name more main stream, even though it is his middle name... his real name is David Jude Law, do you think he would be as handsome as a David? No I don't think so either.

But I know what you most connect with the name... Hey Jude.. the Beatles song.. and that is probably the second major drawback of this name for me... don't you think our son will be sick of hearing that song or " HEY.. Jude" every time his name is called by the time he is 3?

So what is the first major drawback?  well unfortunately I don't want to say as it will give away our top names on our list... which I wont be sharing until we have a baby in our arms...  So I will simply say it clashes with one of our top baby names.

Overall I love Jude, but dont think I could saddle a boy up with it for 2 reasons.. the song, and the clash ... but I do still like the fact that it was the first boys name we could agree to both like... so he holds a soft spot in my heart.

Post a Comment