Black Friday = New Meaning


Today was one of those long standing Holiday traditions I participated in... shopping on Black Friday.  My mom and I used to go every year, mostly at 5 or 6 am and be done and back by the time the other kids woke up.  Living so far away for so long I have smoothed out my shopping experience to start well after the sun has risen and only hit a few stores with a short list so my husband doesn't go down in flames of holiday cheer. This year I had a plan,
Pre-shopping: Bank, McDonalds, Starbucks
Shopping: Kohls first because their power hour ends first,
Ulta, Old Navy and finally Barnes and Noble.

My day started out with me waking up before the alarm as if it were Christmas morning and I was too excited to sleep in.  I got up quietly and started to get ready, then I aroused the beast just before I was ready to leave.  We did the pre shopping list without a hitch.  I did not properly convey my list to Rich so we had a kerfuffle about where we were going.. but thats ok, I recited my strategy so he was fully on board and we turned on the Christmas radio station.
Kohls.. in and out in under 2 hours plus $30 Kohls cash
Ulta: eyebrows fully waxed and a gift for Kara.
Old Navy 10min trip to buy me some jeans.
Barnes and Noble...... ugh

By this time I was hungry again, super hot because of the crowds and the stores having heaters on even though it was 70 outside.  I came to get my now pregnant sister the books she needs "what to expect" box set.  Yes it comes in a box set now... the whole 9 months of pregnancy and 1st year of your babies life layed out in one box.   Rich ran to the CD section to get his parents something, which he did not find,  I grabbed the box set and continued to peruse for something else for Kara. We get in the check out line in under 20min.  Im hot, cranky, hungry and shaky from that starbucks earlier that morning..... and I don't see it coming.  We go up to check out and a middle age lady grabs the box set.. looks up and smiles at rich and exclaims... YOU MUST BE EXPECTING!

My heart drops, I back up and look down and say...

No its my sister

Rich kindly says "if only it were us"  

$32 later we are in the car on the way to eat my feelings.

Thanks black friday. 

1 comment

Staci November 24, 2012 at 8:43 AM

:(

Post a Comment