Baby Name of the Month: October

This months name is probably out there for some people... but man I love this name and maybe after you read this you will like it too and not find it so weird.   (ps, sorry for the very late post, October was quite a month around our household and i really just didnt have much time to blog)
This months GIRL name is    


October 


Ok Ok Ok.. before you wrinkle your nose at this name hear me out.  There are many people named April, May and June... Janurary Jones is now a popular actress and now the name January, so why not the other months of the year?

October means "eighth month", as it was originally the eighth month on the ancient Roman calendar.

October happens to be my favorite month of the year, I love everything that October brings. I love fall weather, pumpkin goodies, Halloween is my favorite holiday   So this name summons up an image of fall and beauty and the best time of the year for me.

As far as people with this name  Dave Eggers and Vendela Vida chose October for their daughter.  They are a writing couple who did the movie Away We Go (very funny movie, see it).  There is a historic figure named Thursday October Christian who was the son of a british naval leader, he also named his son Thursday October.

Honestly I think October is my 2nd favorite girl name right now, I love her.




Post a Comment