Baby Email

So.. our top 3 baby names now have Gmail addresses.  Yah that's right our babies have yet to even be conceived or have adoption paperwork started.. but they now have their own personal email.  Here is how this happened.

This morning I woke up to many pictures on my facebook for the first day of school.. and it reminded me that Rich and I forgot to wish our little friend Brady to have a happy first day at Kindergarten even though we saw him last night.  A quick message to his mom, my new bff,.. and she told me I could email him.  His email was his first and last name at gmail.com just like rich and I.  This reminded me of this article, where parents are nailing down their babies gmails to make sure no one takes them.  I wrote Brady his happy email.  I then talked to Rich at lunch about signing our top baby names up for a gmail.  He thought it was a good idea.  Why you may ask?

Well gmail/ google accounts seem to be the dominant internet identities and doesn't seem to be dying down.. doesn't mean it wont, but if it is going to be the main use of personal email for a while, it might be nice to have your own name without any numbers or extra symbols.  So thats what we did... we signed up our top 3 baby names for gmail accounts... 2girls, 1 boy.    Our #1 name even has their first email from daddy which was really sweet. I almost have their baby name letter done and will probably send it to them.

Baby name letter you say?  This is a letter that I wrote to them to put in their baby book about where their name comes from and why they are named that... yah, I have a thing for names if you cant tell.

Anyway.. we have google accounts for 3 possible babies.  But as a disclaimer I will say we wont be having more than 2 kids.. just wanted to make sure our top name options were nailed down in the internet world.

Post a Comment